Cookie Run Kingdom: beginners guide
I’ve been playing Cookie Run: Kingdom for a long time now and own solid teams. PvP, I’m constantly in Arena Master ranks. PvE, I’ve completed all the available story mode stages at the time of writing.
With a gacha game like this, you obviously can’t guarantee what your team will look like since it's all up to RNG. However, you can plan & take decisions which will almost guarantee you a strong team in the future.
To simplify, I will split this guide into 2 sections — Team building and Kingdom building.
1. Get as many initial crystals as you can
First thing you should be doing is rack as many crystals as possible when you start the game so you can spend those crystals in the banner to get as many cookies as possible.
There are multiple ways to get crystals in the beginning — completing story modes, mail rewards from devs, achievements etc
You can also get free crystals by redeeming coupon codes. Devsisters regularly provide new codes which give you amazing rewards for free!! A simple google search should give you the up to date codes. You can then redeem them at https://game.devplay.com/coupon/ck/en
The reason for getting crystals is — you are trying to get as many epics (or higher rarity) cookies as possible so you can have a strong starting team to carry you forward.
Note: Not all the epics are good! But for now, any epic would do because higher rarity cookies means higher stats.
If you’re lucky enough to get one of the top tier cookies, then congrats!
2. Go through the latest tier list
Once you spent all your crystals on cookies, next thing is to get an idea of where you’re cookies lie in the latest tier list. It's good to know which cookies are worth investing and which are not. At the time of writing, few of the must have cookies for any team are — Hollyberry, Pure Vanilla, Sea Fairy.
YouTubers like Kodeations and HyRoolLegend have regular videos showcasing the latest tier lists for PvP and PvE.
Divide your cookies into 3 categories:
- A team cookies (cookies which will never be replaced and you’re sure you will invest into going forward. Ancients, Legendaries etc)
- B team cookies (cookies which are great but you’re not sure about because soon you might be replacing them with better cookies)
- C team cookies (basically trash cookies who are not worth investing)
In the beginning, most of your cookies will be from B or C team cookies and that is completely fine! Just make sure you don't invest too much into them.
3. Complete story mode as much as possible
Story modes are by far one of the best ways to earn crystals. Completing a main story for the first time gives you crystals. Getting 3 stars on it nets you additional 50 crystals. Furthermore, collecting more stars on each episode rewards you with few more crystals. Soon you will notice, you will be swimming in crystals as you clear more stories.
As and when you get more crystals, spend those crystals on gacha to get better cookies. Make sure you don't invest too much on B or C team cookies but just enough to clear the story modes and repeat the gacha process until you get all A or B team cookies.
1. Max cookies houses
You might not know the value of star jellies in the beginning stages of the game but boy are they precious! So, build as many cookies houses as you can. Also, upgrade the cookie houses to their max level because every upgrade almost doubles the production. These limits go up every time you upgrade the castle. So don't forget to keep them maxed up!
You could turn on the notifications when the star jellies are ready to be collected to make sure they are constantly being generated.
There are few must have landmarks in the game which costs a lot of coins and sometimes even crystals but are definitely worth having. These are landmarks which boost the stats of the team and even the production rate. Some of the must haves are:
- Clock tower — boosts your production means more wishes which means more money which means more decors, more achievements. Also, more upgrades for other Landmarks, quicker expansion, cookie house upgrades. Eventually means a stronger team which means more rewards, achievements and almost everything faster. You get the idea!
- Lion Statue — Permanent ATK boost even if not upgraded; it’s 5% of passive boost at level 1 especially helpful for PvP.
- Flower garden — Passively boosts HP
3. Expand territory only when necessary
Only expand the territory when you don't have space to build new buildings. Some of the tiles unlocks by PvP battles but most of the tiles require items to unlock them. As you expand more, the rarity and quantity of the required items increases drastically. These rare items can be rather funnelled elsewhere like upgrading cookie houses etc.